Lee’s Summit found its swagger in 2015. For the past 20 years, our community has grown from a sleepy Kansas City suburb to a vibrant Missouri community powered by a thriving economic base, world-class schools and an enviable quality of life. Lee’s Summit celebrated $1 billion in public and private investment over an 18-month period in 2016. It’s a number that has companies, developers, investors, young professionals and families alike sitting up and taking notice. Our message to anyone interested in learning more about living, working and playing in Lee’s Summit: Step right up and walk this way. We know you’ll be pleasantly surprised.
For 30 years, the Lee’s Summit Economic Development Council has served as an agent of change, helping spearhead increased business investment in Lee’s Summit. In 2015, LSEDC set its sights on establishing procedures to improve and streamline the development process, while at the same time identifying community needs and existing assets in order to guide smart development decisions.
In 2015-2016, the Lee’s Summit Economic Development Council achieved the following procedural and administrative highlights:
- Gained approval of the City’s first-ever incentive policy, establishing a formal process for
responding to new prospects.
- Commissioned a comprehensive Downtown Housing study, which found a need for a variety of multi-family and single-family housing in and surrounding the Downtown area.
- Commissioned the North Star community survey, which offered key demographic, labor and
business insights aimed at helping guide future business recruitment and investment.
- Offered enhanced investor programming and events, including Developer’s Showcase, a
Workforce Development Roundtable and Broker’s Outreach Luncheon.
- Launched a regional marketing outreach effort, which included strategic media collaborations with the Chamber of Commerce, Downtown Lee’s Summit Main Street and City Hall, targeted public relations and social media campaigns, as well as a specific outreach program for the region’s commercial real estate community.
We consider ourselves to be the link to Lee’s Summit development, creating a city where everyone can live, work and play.
Join us by signing up to be an Investor today! (Print our application and email it to Tina Chace )