Director of Community and Investor Relations
– If you’re interested in submitting a resume for this position, please email to firstname.lastname@example.org
The Director of Community and Investor Relations, under the direction of the President & CEO, is responsible for existing business retention and expansion (BRE) efforts and for the strategic planning and programming of workforce development initiatives in coordination with various city, state and regional partners on behalf of the LSEDC.
Works with current investor base to establish relationships in effort to maintain BRE program. Coordinates strategic planning programs for workforce development initiatives and utilizes LSEDC partners to encourage/facilitate targeted outcomes.
1. Existing Business Retention and Expansion
a. Primary responsibility for existing business retention and expansion activities, programs, initiatives, policies and appropriate success metrics.
b. Establishes & manages a BRE program to conduct business visits with economic driver employers to collect data and identify and respond to issues as appropriate.
c. Researches, creates, organizes and manages appropriate stakeholder collaborative responses for public policy and business-climate related issues.
d. Secondary responsibility for attraction of new investment activities, programs, policies and success metrics in collaboration with President & CEO.
e. Develops trusted, consulting-oriented relationships with all Lee’s Summit business leaders and their designees.
f. Generates various reports and retrieves data for prospect inquiries.
g. Keeps the President & CEO alert to written and/or oral comments, complaints, suggestions and information requests from the public, associates, guests and business prospects.
2. Works with City, Regional and State on Programs and Policy
a. Acts as LSEDC liaison to appropriate regional and community groups/initiatives to include but not be limited to Eastern Jackson County Alliance, Downtown Lee’s Summit Mainstreet and Lee’s Summit Chamber.
b. Acts as LSEDC representative as needed for state resources to help address new and existing business issues and questions.
c. Understands and utilizes local, state, and federal tools to assist new and expanding industries.
d. Develops and nurtures an active regional network of peers and business interests complementary to LSEDC’s mission and vision.
e. Represents Director & CEO as needed at events and activities where he cannot attend or as requested.
3. Workforce Development Initiatives
a. Develops and manages all workforce development programs, services and committees on behalf of the LSEDC.
b. Actively engages local partners like the Business Roundtable, Lee’s Summit R-7 School District, Missouri Innovation Center, Summit Technology Academy, MCC – Longview, University of Central Missouri, Summit Christian Academy and St. Michael’s of the Archangel High School for consistent collaboration and communication.
4. Directs the maintenance of database collection and research including Synchronist, Location One, Xceligent, CC Assist and other project management software as appropriate.
5. Other duties as assigned by President & CEO
The duties listed above are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or a logical assignment to the position.
1. Four year college degree or a combination of experience and education
2. Five years previous experience in same position or related assignment. BRE and Workforce Development in a project management type position preferred.
3. Prior public/private sector experience is a plus.