Lee’s Summit, Mo. — The Longview Community Center will open to patrons on December 17, 2018. Lee’s Summit Parks and Recreation purchased the community center from MCC-Longview this summer and has since invested approximately $1.6 million to renovate the facility.
“LSPR is excited to add the Longview facility to our award-winning and accredited agency,” Joe Snook, LSPR Administrator, said. “Longview Community Center will be a great complement to the Legacy Park Community Center and gives LSPR the opportunity to provide similar health, fitness, and recreational amenities on the west side of our community. We are excited to expand our reach and scope of services to better support our community.”
The 60,000-square foot center provides the following amenities:
• Gymnasium used for basketball, volleyball, pickleball and rental opportunities
• Indoor aquatics area with an 8-lap lane 25-meter pool, diving well and a hot tub
• Strength equipment with a combination of free weights, circuit weights, and Synrgy 360
• Cardiovascular equipment (rowers, AMT’s, Nu Steps, ellipticals, treadmills, upright and recumbent bikes)
• Over 40 land and water based group fitness classes offered per week (class offerings will grow with increased membership)
• Cycle studio with instructor led classes
• Indoor walking track
• Childcare area for children 6 months to 9 years of age (additional cost and limited hours, no appointment necessary)
For more information about the Longview Community Center, please contact 816.969.1520, or visit LSPR’s website at longviewcc.net.